Tuesday 27 January 2009

What a coincidence


Recently I have been finding myself inspired by colour. I'm experimenting with several methods of putting colour on metal and revisiting all my beautiful enamelling books. Last night I remembered about this little bowl I enamelled on a course some time ago with the hugely talented Dorothy Cockrell. I gave it a dust and took a wee photograph ready to share on my blog. So you can imagine my suprise today when my mum comes to my studio to tell me that Dorothy is in the shop with her beautiful bowls!! I wanst sure at first what she meant but could not hide my suprise when I saw it was Dorothy Cockrell!!! Needless to say the work she had brought in to show me was stunning, but I still cant quite get over the coincidence. Is it a sign...??

4 comments:

Lynne Glazzard said...

:) definately - get enamelling there! I am so envious and want to see them too ....... xx

Rebecca Crabtree said...

I would LOVE to have a go at bowls - can you buy them ready to enamel onto??

Lynne Glazzard said...

Yes you can buy the copper bowls ready to enamel onto. Depends what size and shape you want..... I have a couple but could let you have contact details if you get in touch

The Little Bead Shop said...

:) Yeah I didnt make it myself lol! THanks for the comments, really will be spending more time enamelling this year!