Saturday 17 January 2009

Bronze n' Beads

Well, I am afraid I cant show you a beautiful finished Bronze Cuff - I CAN however show you this one! I think I know what happened - it fell off the cuff bracelet I shaped it on (cheaper than a oval bracelet mandrel) and cracked in a few places.... I thought I had repaired them - but it looks like I didnt. So - I'll make it again, taking care not to let it fall off. If there are still cracks then I think I'll give up on the idea of a bronze cuff......I am seriously tempted to make a silver one though........


On the plus side I have had a few hours on my torch this week - and I made some beads!! I'm surprised at how bright and colourful they are (unlike my mood) but maybe I am drawn to making them as they cheer me up. January is a gloomy month and I need some sunshine! If you have ever liked the look of my beads and wondered where to buy them online then watch this space ...... :D


3 comments:

Alison Reid said...

I see your little creations from yesteday at the front of that colourful bundle!!!

Shame about the cuff....

Ali

Lynne Glazzard said...

Wow what lovely colours! You are very talented :) I wish I could learn half of that.... then maybe my beads wouldn't be so lumpy and unpredictable

Jennifer Cameron said...

I have to tell you...if that cuff is structurally sound, I think it is absolutely awesome. You should wear it. It looks like an artifact or something.

I love the bright beads too. It's been so cold, gloomy and cold.