Monday 25 May 2009

Art Clay & Enamell Weekend.

Lynne Glazzard demonstrates Art Clay Silver to the enammellers


Dorothy Cockrell talks the art clay group through the enamell process

Well, I am just about recovered from two days of Art Clay and Enamell. As the Scottish Rep for the Art Clay Guild I organised this event to allow metal clay users to try their hand at enamelling. Members of the Guild of Enamellers were also welcomed along and got to try out Art Clay Silver for the first time.

Dorothy Cockrell & Lynne Glazzard led the weekend, with each taking a group of students. The weekend was just great and I think everyone really enjoyed them selves. It was a great mix of people and there was plenty of time to swap tips and chat!

Tea Break!

There was a wonderful array of work on show by both Dorothy and Lynne - and by the end of the weekend we all also had work to share in our "show and tell" - I'll post more pics just as soon as I've edited them! The only down side is that now I have a shopping lost as long as my arm of things I "need" to buy!! Isnt it always the way!

7 comments:

Alison Reid said...

It was a great weekend, thanks Emma! See you caught me hard at work... ha ha

The Little Bead Shop said...

Glad you enjoyed it. I need to shop now !! And you are just taking a well deserved break here lol!

Emma x

Nicola said...

Oooh yes please I'd love to see some colourful pics

Lynne Glazzard said...

at least I am hiding my four chins behind my hands but trust me to have a mug of coffee right in the middle of my work! Thanks for organising this though, it was a fantastic weekend

Anonymous said...

hehehe, she caught me out nicely too - Ali, what on earth could we have been talking about that had me looking so serious?! Onbviously we were putting the world to rights over hobnobs :)

Had a great time - it was nice to meet so many new people, not to mention catch up with those I hadn't seen in a while.

Unknown said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend..
mona
on my list of things to learn...

lesley messam said...

Super weekend cant wait for the next one Whoopeeeeee:)