Wednesday 27 August 2008

Scottish Bead Fair - Metal Clay Demos

Well - I no sooner got home and my attention turned to the Metal Clay Demo I'll be doing at the Scottish Bead Fair this Sunday. I have thought long and hard about what to show you - and decided that I'd show a few things! The Demos are running at 12:30 & 3:00 pm in the Foyer. They are both FREE - and there is no need to book!

12:30 pm - First I'll demonstrate how to make simple charms with the clay. I'll talk you through handling the clay, what to do if it dries out, using texture sheets, drying times, pre-firnishing, firing times & Polishing. Metal Clay dose not have to be complicated to look great - you can use little charms to make a bracelet like this one to the left.


Immediately following the charms I will demonstrate how to use Art Clay Silver with our two part moulding compound. This is very easy to do and the results are simply stunning! Following this I will talk you through the process of oxidising your fired silver with Liver Of Sulphur.


At 3:00 pm I'll show you how to make a beautiful Silver Rose. Its very simple and easy to do with using only your fingers!

I'm very excited about these Demos - and look forward to seeing you there!

Emma

No comments: